Friday, June 5, 2009

Funny Nose Friday #1 Mad Edition

This weekly installment will be replacing the former A Funny Nose Knows. It seems like every since I started Magoomba Monday, I have been neglecting the Funny Nose bits. Basically it is a time to write about some of the funny, unique and imaginative things that the kids come up with.

This first Funny Nose Friday revolves around the theme of being mad. I hope no one reads this and gets the impression that we are angry people who make a habit out of yelling and screaming but in the end, I guess it is open to interpretation.

Last week Joe and I were arguing over a forgotten item on the grocery list. We may have been animated and raising our voices but I certainly would not have characterized it as yelling. At any rate, as our debate raged on in the kitchen, Jake entered from the living room and said, "Hey, stop talking mad!". Of course at that point we both forgot about the arguement and started smiling at him but it was actually a good reminder that kids are sometimes far more preceptive than we give them credit for.

Another day recently, Jadyn was deeply in character as a princess complete with her dress up clothes, high heels, jewelry and crown. I was in the other room busy doing something when I heard the kids raised voices followed by Jadyn's cry. I asked her to come to me so I could ask her what happened and when I inquired as to what was wrong she replied, "The princess is mad" I tried to take her seriously and keep a straight face but it was pretty difficult.

Finally, I think I have mentioned that instead of calling them bad guys Jake calls them mad guys. Well apparently the two words have been used so interchangably by Jake that the mix-up has rubbed off on Jadyn. One day Utah was in trouble because in his excitement to run outside after a noise apparently only dogs can hear, he accidently knocked over Jadyn. Well Jadyn got up off the ground, glared at Utah and in a very stern voice said, "That's a mad Utah". Again, she was so serious in her convinction that I didn't have the heart to laugh or correct her but it really was rather amusing.

Hope everyone has a mad-free weekend!

No comments: