Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Let's Play Ball

Monday was the first game of the baseball season for the Los Angeles Angels, the offical team of the Funny Nose clan. Joe likes watching the games on TV. I personally find watching the sport on TV to be pretty boring but Jake seems to get into it. Since we seem to have had a slightly disproportionate number of pictures of Jadyn lately and being that her Angels dress from last year is a little snug, I thought I would share these pictures of Jake swinging away. Thanks to a certain friend's blog entry for reminding me to get into the spirit of the baseball season. One might notice that Jake's bat belongs to another team - The Los Angeles Dodgers. The bat and ball set was a gift from his Great Grandmother for his last birthday. Since they are both soft it is perfect for indoor use. The Dodgers were my Dad's favorite team and I have very fond memories of my father taking my brother and I to games when I was little. Jake saw the stadium from afar on TV last night and said, "That is far away, we have to go there!". I could not agree more. Well maybe not that particular stadium because I believe they were in Minnesota but I would definitely like to make it to a game this year.

Not a bad stance:

He crushed the ball and knocked over a candle. So proud of himself!


Check swing:

2 comments:

Angela said...

Those pictures are priceless!

Jennifer Larson said...

Goooo Jake! I can see you playing with Casey Kotchman and Chone Figgins one day!