Friday, April 4, 2008

A Funny Nose knows [#3]

When he can ride the school bus.

So the other day I am driving Jake to school when we see the bus picking up the neighborhood kids. This would seem like a good thing as Jake and Jadyn LOVE the school bus but it means that once again, I am running late and I can no longer speed (nor should I anyway) since I just recently recieved a speeding ticket. Ah, but I digress. So anyway, Jake tells me he wants to ride the school bus and I tell him I am sorry but he is too little. I then go on to tell him exactly when I think he will be old enough to ride the bus. I guess from now I will need really think about how I answer these questions because flash forward to today when Jake is brushing his teeth getting ready to go to a classmate's birthday party and I ask him how old he is. He replies, "I am 3. On my birthday, I will be 4. When I am 6, I get to ride the school bus!". I just had to laugh that he remembered.

On another note, the birthday party was really fun. It was nice to get to talk to some of the other parents that we usually only see briefly during drop off and pick up and I really got to see which of the kids Jake interacts with the most (helpful since I only want to invite a few of his buddies to his birthday party later this month). Here is a cute picture I got, not with the birthday boy but one of the boys Jake talks about often, Aaron - right before they got their slice of cake:


Like I said before, birthday season has begun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww - 3 was one of my favorite ages for Robert. It's so sweet to see their personalities come out and watch how they interact with friends they make at school. Makes me miss that age a bit but at least I can look forward to it with Matthew in another year!