Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wildflowers

We are seeing the most beautiful wildflower blooms here in the desert this year. It did not seem that we got that much rain but I am not complaining. They are absolutely gorgeous. The streets are covered with yellow flowers and I could personally care less that they are weeds. Even the cactus have beautiful purple and white blooms on them. I cannot wait to see what it looks like in some of the hot spots up in Joshua Tree. Everyone is raving. We even have some flowers jetting through the fence in our yard. I showed them to Jadyn and she was quite taken with them. It is such a fitting metaphor as she is growing wild lately too - both in the sense that she is growing so quickly and learning so much so fast and in the sense that she has such an independent headstrong attitude about things. She is our little wildflower.







1 comment:

-Bridget said...

Beautiful pictures. My favorites are the b&w and b&w/color combo. Those are frameworthy!