Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ode to the Red, White and Blue 2012

"Every year, I mention that 4th of July is a special and emotional holiday for me as it was my dad's favorite and the last thing we did as a family before he passed away several days later was go and watch the fireworks at a local park. It's been 14 years and although I think of him often, he is at the forefront of my mind every time I see a firework and yesterday was no exception."

That said, we had a very nice 4th of July. This year we had the Miller family over for a BBQ. The kids played and swam before dinner and we *may* have indulged in some fireworks of our own before and after the town's show, which was very good. Besides enjoying the fireworks myself, I revel in watching the kids and all their energy and child-like wonder as they watch the show. I don't think I could have asked for a better day.






No comments: