Thursday, December 30, 2010

Blogiversary

Today marks the 3rd year anniversary of my blog, just as the year comes to a close, which makes it kind of easy to wrap up another year of blogging with well, another year.

As I went back over my blog posts from the last year, I realized that this has been a rather big year for me personally. As the kids get older and they spend more time at school, while they still grow and change way too fast, it is far less dramatic then when they were babies or even toddlers. And I find myself exploring my interests outside of being a wife and mother. Who am I? What do I want my life to be? My husband and kids will never stop being the biggest and most important part of my life, no doubt. But striking a balance with my other interests and defining myself outside the roles of wife and mother was a big focus of this past year. And honestly, I think it definitely makes me a better wife and mother.

Therefore, I have 5 blog posts (I have in the past limited myself to three) that struck me as vitally important events in the past year:






Whether you know me well enough to realize this or not, because writing comes so easily to me, in real life I am a very guarded person. I am not easy to get to know. In the last year, I feel that I have made a huge leap in becoming comfortable with who I am and not being afraid to share it with other people. I used to hold back and care what others think much more than I do now. And for that I must thank every one of you who read my blog, whether you are an online friend I just met this year, a distant relative, a former co-worker or someone who has known me my whole life. Your acceptance of me in what is basically a very public journal of our life, reminds me that it is okay to just be me. And that is something I really needed and deeply appreciate.

I know it sounds cliche, but I wake up every day and I truly do feel incredibly blessed - to have a loving husband, two beautiful children and everything that comes with it. I know 2011 is going to bring me new experiences and new challenges. And I say, bring it on.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Happy blogiversary!
I'm so glad I got to meet you in person TWICE!

Mel said...

What a great post! I really enjoyed meeting you in person back in October. Hopefully there will be opportunities to get together again. Happy New Year and blogiversary!