Thursday, March 11, 2010

Prima Ballerina

Although Jadyn is loving her tumbling class, she was still showing interest in taking an actual dance class. I was hesitant because we tried a dance camp over the summer and she was too shy to participate but then again this was before preschool and tumbling. Therefore, we decided to try again and this time, it went much, much better. Because of her age, the class is called creative movement but I would more accurately label it pre-ballet and I love, love, love the way instructor teaches them ballet in such creative ways such as having them put on butterfly wings and flutter around or giving them each a baby doll and having them cradle and rock them to sleep. Jadyn loves it, especially the part where she gets to dress up like a ballerina.






So the plan was to have her choose between tumbling and dance but she is pretty adamant that she wants to do both. Therefore, after careful consideration we decided to let her do both classes through the spring but once summer comes, she will need to make a choice which one she likes better. I know what my choice would be but I really want it to be up to her. For now we have one busy, happy active little girl.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Love the wings! Allie is dying to take ballet, too.

Joanna said...

The only thing better than dressing like a ballerina is wearing a wedding gown. Jadyn is so pretty in her outfit. If I can have a vote, I'm going for ballet.

The group picture is gorgeous. Not only is a beautiful composition, but it managed to take me right back to my first ballet lessons and I could imagine being right there with the girls. I may have even gotten a little teary eyed, but don't tell anyone. I wouldn't want to ruin my street cred.

Carrie said...

Oh I can't wait until little Autumn is old enough for dance class. I love the photo that shows all the girls and all of their skirts in the class. Also love the wings photo!

Heidi O said...

I love the photos. And am glad she is enjoying herself. Maggie has been in dance for 1.5 and loves it.

Mel said...

What a pretty little ballerina! That last shot reminds me of Analese's dance class this week. They paired up and tangoed across the room cheek to cheek with their partner. It was too cute!

Steph said...

Love the ballet clothes and so glad Jadyn is enjoying her classes! I loved dance class when I was little probably mostly for the costume potential. :)