Friday, December 11, 2009

Foto Friday - Snow on the Mesa

I am taking a photography class online to help me learn the Canon Rebel and my first week's assignment was to get a off center focused subject or still life scene with appropriate white balance. On Monday the temps were cold enough that Yucca Valley, which is 2 towns over, got some snowfall so I decided to head over there and photograph the Joshua trees after dropping Jadyn off at preschool. I was kind of sad I couldn't take the kids with me to play in the snow but at the same time it was kind of fun, not to mention peaceful to traipse around in the snow by myself to get the right shot. And while I still have a long way to go with my photography skills, I was honored to have this picture chosen as one of the pictures of the week for the class:

No comments: