Friday, November 6, 2009

Funny Nose Friday - Sometimes they make you cry

Yes, a Funny Nose made me cry yesterday and in front of other people no less (anyone who really knows me will realize the significance of that).

So I volunteered in Jake's Kindergarten class yesterday. During recess I overheard Mrs. B. tell Jake how wonderful he was at sharing his mommy with his classmates (and I would have to agree).

After recess, all the kids were sitting on the ABC rug in the classroom listening attentively as Mrs. B explained what task I would be helping individual kids with next when Jake raised his hand. When Mrs. B called on him he proceeded to ask, "Can I go give my mom a hug?" to which she quickly agreed.

As Jake eagerly dove into my waiting open arms, Mrs. B told him to hug me good and tight because this was something I would remember when I was a much older like her. And as I found myself unable to hold back the tears that pooled up in the corner of my eyes, I couldn't help but agree that I would cherish this moment for as long as I lived.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Aww, that is so sweet!

Karla said...

Aw that is the sweetest thing!

Joanna said...

Aww...now I'm tearing up at work reading this.

Mel said...

Very sweet! Sounds like Jake has a very nice and sensitive kindergarten teacher too.