Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Striking Success

Here is the invitation for Jake's Star Wars themed bowling party:

Here is the (almost) birthday boy getting ready to throw the ball down the lane:


The yummy cupcakes:


This is one of my favorite pictures. Jake with his buddy Josh from school:



Jake with his gal pal Kalista. They have become quite chummy this spring.


I dare anyone to get a better picture of five 4-5 year old boys. Here is Jake with his cousin Ethan on one side and his pals from school on the other:


Jadyn with her cousin Madison:


Mommy with the birthday boy:



Jadyn with Jake's best friend from school Gavin. Have I mentioned that Jadyn has a little crush on him?



Right before singing happy birthday:




Jake, while everyone was singing. When he is nervous about being the center of attention, this is the look he gets and then he searches me out with his eyes. I never want to forget that feeling of knowing that even with a glance and smile, I can provide comfort to him when he is uneasy (and sorry for being so sappy but I cannot believe my baby boy is going to be FIVE this week!):



Opening presents:


Very excited about his gifts:


They had his name up at the bowling alley along with another child who was celebrating their birthday that day. Unfortunately, I did not realize Jake's eyes were closed in this shot until we got home. He got a kick out of it though:



Back at home, he took his new GeoTrax pieces and immediately built a new track. It is amazing to me that he can create these layouts all by himself now. I guess it is just further proof that he is getting big:


I have to give a special thanks to Scottie and Ali for helping us organize and set up the party, as well at Joe and Scottie for working the lanes the entire party to make sure the kids got the most enjoyment out of bowling. Everyone had a great time and Jake had an absolute blast. Now we are off to Disneyland for the date of his actual birthday, which is actually a strategic move because both the kids will be free (Jake because it is birthday and Jadyn because she is not yet three). Since the kids really don't understand what Disneyland is yet, I think I am way more excited than they are. I haven't been in over 10 years and cannot wait to re-experience rides like "It's a Small World" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" through the eyes of my children. And of course there will probably be a massive picture overload upon our return so be prepared!


5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cute, cute, CUTE pics, and that invitation is AWESOME. You must share where you got it done!

Carrie said...

Love the invite and cupcakes..and how cute that they put his name on a pin! Looks like a good time! Nathan just got the newest addition to the Geotrax family- the shuttle thingy last Christmas and he loves it! Happy bday!

Steph said...

Happy B-day Jake! You did such a great job w/all the party planning!

Joanna said...

What a cool party! I love the invites,I love Lego star wars. And then Disney on top of it all, that's a bitthday to remember!

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn,

I was just thinking of you guys so I googled your blog. Man, they are just getting sooo big. Jadyn has a head full of beautiful hair!!

I can't believe Jake is already 5!!! I remember meeting him when we first move to 29 and he was just born. Wow, it's gone by fast.

I also wanted to tell you you look awesome!!

I'm glad Jake had a wonderful Bday!!