Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pump Up the Volume

I could absolutely NOT get through my treadmill walk/run workouts without my Ipod. I have two basic playlists; the one I post on my blog includes all the softer rock and emo ballads that I love either for personal reasons or because they lend inspiration. The other playlist is the one I use to get me motivated and keep me going during my time on the treadmill.

1) Kids - MGMT

2) Pork and Beans - Weezer (kind of my personal anthem)

3) I'm Not Over - Carolina Liar

4) My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson

5) Circus - Britney Spears

6) I Don't Care - Fall Out Boy

7) Take Back the City - Snow Patrol

8) Ghostown - Shiny Toy Guns

9) Mr. Brightside - The Killers (not only is this Jacob's song but it keeps me pumped enough to run the entire time)

10) Supermassive Black Hole - Muse

11) Spiraling - Keane (great cool down tune)

Now how cute is Jake when he steals my Ipod after my workout to listen to songs he recognizes? He is so going to be into heavy rock. Never fear however, his favorite song by My Chemical Romance is the radio edit:





And although completely unrelated, how cute does Jadyn look napping sans pacifier? You heard right, she actually napped for me yesterday:


5 comments:

London said...

Supermassive black hole!!! That is my most favorite song ever! Also, I've never heard Snow Patrol, but it always reminds me of Growing Up Cullen. "It's lyrically insipid."

-Emmettalie.

Joanna said...

So cute! Michael steals dh's iTouch and surfs youtube. Our kids are way too technologically proficient.

Napping kids are amazing...I wish I saw more of them.

~Emily~ said...

I love my tunes too!! Totally keeps me moving!

Carrie said...

I am going to check out some of your songs..I listen to my ipod at work when I get super busy and need to shut everyone else out. Your daughter is so adorable and congrats on no binky!

Steph said...

Way to go Jadyn on napping, and sans binky! :)

I love The Killers, but since I've still not read anything of the Twilight series, I didn't know it had anything to do w/those characters.

I agree, I so need the ipod to get through the treadmill. I need some new songs, so I'm going to have to check out the ones from your list to see if I should add them to mine. One thing I have to have is some Beastie Boys from License to Ill!