Thursday, April 9, 2009

Playdate Easter Egg Hunt

I really wanted to get this up on time for a Wordless Wednesday but just couldn't find the time. That simply means that not only are you going to get bombarded with pictures but an in depth description as well.

Our playgroup had its Easter themed playdate yesterday and it was chalk full of activities including a "make your own bunny ears" craft, potluck, games and of course the obligatory egg hunt. I was going to have Jadyn wear a different dress but when I tried to show it to her, she protested saying she wanted to wear her green princess dress because THAT was her Easter dress. Of course I obliged but instead of doing pigtails like I did for their professional pics, we went with the Easter hat she had picked out at Wal-Mart. She looked SO cute but as a novice photographer I obviously did not know how to get good pics of her in the sun wearing a hat. Any tips?

The gang before the hunt began:


Jake waiting patiently after sprinting for his 10 allotted eggs:


Jadyn taking her time and be choosy about which eggs to pick up:



Is it just me or is the backdrop of this picture just gorgeous? I think all those hikes in Joshua Tree are having an effect on me because I am just in love with the palm trees and mountainous hills of this desert landscape. Of course, I think my kids are pretty cute too:



I borrowed the bunny ears from our host:


My favorite part of the morning was when the kids played a bunny hop freeze dance. Jake and Jadyn decided to hold hands the whole time they were hopping to the music and ended up being the last kids standing. Atlas, not realizing it was a competition, Jadyn got tired and forfeited, leaving Jake to claim the prize. Of course in all fairness, he is 2 years older than most of the kids but we all know how much Jake likes to win. He couldn't wipe the grin off his face as he received his little golf set prize:




So as you can imagine, the kids and I had a blast, walking away with tons of goodies and necessitating a very lazy afternoon that included a nap for Mommy. I love Easter and can't wait for this weekend when we dye eggs and have our annual family brunch. Spring is definitely in the air!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh what a fun play group and it its a large play group, too! How long have you been getting together with them? What a neat day to do crafts and have a hunt outside!

Joanna said...

Why is it that grown women with bunny ears do not come across the same way as little kids do. Oh right, that's Hugh Heffners fault.