Monday, March 2, 2009

Magoomba Pile #1

Magoomba is a word that I think my Mom first taught me and I am not sure where she got or how to spell it but to me it basically means junk. For example Joe has a basket that we call his Magoomba pile. He is allowed to throw whatever he wants in there and I don't hassle him. Not at least until it starts overflowing with stuff. Well that is what this post is going to be - my version of a magoomba pile - an assortment of odds and ends. It is my version of something similar to Lindsay's Crawford Gumbo.

1) I am ridiculously behind on blogging. With Joe gone, I have tried to keep the kids and I as busy as possible and mission has definitely been accomplished there. Problem is even though I have plenty of blogging material, I have little time or energy to blog. I still want to blog about my birthday party but it was over a week ago. It's starting to seem irrelevant but I am going to attempt to catch up this week. It probably doesn't help that when I did have a free moment Saturday, I chose to blog about the Bachelor but I really needed to get that off my chest.

2) Joe's Grandma was in the hospital all last week for some heart irregularities. We have been so worried about her. I am happy to report that she is home with new medications that are better controlling her heart rate and blood pressure and that her heart and lungs are in good condition. We are going to try and visit her next week.

3) I have once again become addicted to the WiiFit. With Joe in North Carolina and after eating my way through my birthday week, I have been attempting to add the WiiFit into my exercise routine along with the treadmill but I am now obsessed with trying to beat Joe's high score for every one of the balance and aerobic games. I am happy to report that as of now, I have surpassed his scores for 7 out of 10 balance games and all but 2 of the aerobics and I still have the rest of the week to accomplish those. My personal favs are the soccer heading game and the snowboarding.

4) Jake has developed his own language. I have nicknamed it "Jakanese" There will be an entire blog post devoted to introducing you to this unique form of communication. Meanwhile I spoke with his teacher today about his Kindergarten readiness and her only suggestions were working with him on holding his pencil correctly and because he has such a common first name, maybe starting to teach him to spell and write his last name. She said otherwise he is good to go.

5) Jadyn has an imaginary dog. His name is Anthony. He frequently sleeps in the palm of her hand and drinks lots of water. I have accidentally sat on him twice now. I think it is the cutest thing ever.

6) While many of you are experiencing an unusual snow and cold front (including my hubby), the temps here in the desert got up to 88 today. That's right folks. We are currently in t-shirts and shorts. I only wish I could say spring was here for good but March can be particularly cruel in taunting us with warm weather only for it to be replaced by cold and rain in the blink of an eye. And speaking of spring, don't forget that Daylight Savings is early this year - this Sunday March 8th. (yeah for an extra hour of sunlight. Boo for losing an hour sleep and trying to get the kids readjusted with their sleep).

That's it for now folks. Look forward to future editions of the magoomba pile.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I may have done that to DH's Wii Fit scores too. I don't know why it's so rewarding, but I enjoy it.

Angela said...

Okay, first Magoomba pile is too funny, although "pile" makes me think awful thoughts, lol!

The whole imaginary dog thing is too darn cute!! Shame on you for sitting on him :-)