Monday, March 23, 2009

Magoomba Monday #2

So I dropped the pile from the name and decided this is how I was going to start off each week; with an assorted variety of happenings from the Funny Noses. Because honestly, I usually have a lot I want to blog about at the start of each week but very little time to do it. This will ensure I don't miss anything important so here it goes......

1) Jake's thumb is doing MUCH better but this last week was very trying on me. We had to endure twice daily dressing changes, which needless to say did not go well but we are finally past the need for dressing and it has healed enough for him to wear a couple of Band-Aids. He seems to do everything he wants/needs to do now that he no longer has his "big thumb" but the poor guy keeps asking me when it is going to heal. I keep telling him it will get better everyday and around the time of his birthday, we should see a decent amount of his nail starting to grow back.

2) I lost my voice! Not completely but since Thursday I have been in and out of varying degrees of hoarseness. It makes yelling (um I mean scolding) the kids quite difficult. LOL!

3) I haven't forgotten that I owe everyone a post on Jake's new language. Still to come.

4) Jadyn has moved on from having an imaginary dog to actually pretending she is a dog. She crawls around the house barking, begging for treats and bones and keeps one of her play bowls next to the dogs real water dish. She yips, barks and pants. I play along. I love that she has such a vivid imagination. I think it is cute.

5) We had another busy weekend with a baby shower and birthday party. Even though I was pretty run down from being sick, we had a good time at both and are happy to have been included in these celebrations.

6) We had quite a wind storm Sunday. Jadyn was looking out the window and literally started crying because she feared for her wildflower bush that grows through the fence. She cried out, "My flowers, my flowers. But I love them and I don't want them to blow away. Then I can't pick them and smell them!" I calmed her down by explaining how strong they were and thankfully they held up to the winds. I will definitely post some pictures with her flowers as well as a few of the photos from last year.

7) For those who even had to wonder, YES I already got my copy of Twilight on DVD. Although I wasn't willing to drag my kids out at midnight to get a copy, a very good friend made sure I had my copy to watch by Saturday night. I must say however, I was really kind of disappointed with the extended and deleted scenes. I thought there would be more.

8) Joe will be home this Sunday. I can't wait to have him back home and hopefully not traveling for a little while. He will have been gone 4 out of the last 5 weeks. That is 4 weeks too many in my opinion and I am ready to have him home.

9) And finally, this Monday was the last Kindermusik class for Jadyn and it was quite bittersweet. Ms. Heather who has been a friend and the kids music teacher for the past 2 years is getting ready to move to Virginia with her family. As of now, she has not found someone to take over the program for her next year. While I hope the program is able to continue, regardless it will not be the same without her. Here is a picture of Jadyn and I with her class today as well as a picture of Jadyn pretending to be a vehicle going through a tunnel.




Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy. I'm glad Jake's finger is doing better and that you don't have to survive the dressing changes any more.