Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Time to Ketchup!


If there is every a time of year I get behind in blogging, it is usually this time. I am not sure why. I think it is because while we are busy, it is mostly with routine everyday stuff. So here is what is going on with the Funny Noses.

- Last week I started what I hope to be a long term substitute position as an instructional aide for a special education class at the kids' elementary school. I have been working on getting in with the school district since they started the school year back in August and I kept putting off blogging about it because I was kind of hoping to be able to finish with a happy ending. However, for right now this is going to have to suffice as my ending. I am working for 3 hours in the morning on all school days. I really enjoy it and hope to be in a permanent position soon.

- Jake attended baseball tryouts for the upcoming season. The reason they have the players try out is to hopefully make the teams fair (however this doesn't always work out). Jake is nervous about playing in a new division this year but did well at tryouts.

- We have not been to the BMX track for several weeks now. One weekend it was canceled due to rain and then this last week, we hosted a Super Bowl party and he opted not to try and race right before the big game. We are hoping to get him back into the swing of things next week.

- Jake also got his second character counts award at last Friday's weekly flag assembly for exhibiting responsibility by picking up trash in the lunch room that was not his. We have also been working on his first science project and although he did not enjoy the writing portion, he really loved doing the experiment and poster board. He was very proud.

- Jadyn was elected to be class president by her peers. She was so excited. She also tried out for the school play. I don't know if she will get a part as the roles for the younger students are pretty limited but I was still super proud of her for getting up on stage by herself and singing "Happy Birthday". She wanted to try out last year and was too shy so this is progress.

- As for the dance recital she had coming up, I will reserve details for a separate post but suffice to say, she came down with a stomach bug this last weekend and had to miss the recital. It was heartbreaking for her to have to miss it but chalk it up to very poor timing. Classes resume this week and she will be getting ready for spring recital before we even know it.

AND now I believe I am caught up and at least if I miss another week and half again, you can make a reasonable guess as to why.

No comments: