Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ketchup

Wow! I knew it had been awhile since I blogged but when I actually sat down to try and rectify that, I realized it has been (gulp) a full 2 weeks since I last posted anything. Whoopsie! I'm going to attempt to get caught up and hopefully not stay away this long again.

So as I left things, we had celebrated my birthday, gotten sick and then well, redecorated the office and started gearing up for baseball season.

We celebrated Dr. Suess' birthday with lots of reading. And yes, that weekend we went to see The Lorax, which was pretty good. Here is Jadyn reading "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish":

















The following Saturday found both kids with preseason baseball games. How cute are they together in their uniforms?:
























Jake's game was up first. I tried to get a picture of him in action but he managed to hit the ball on his first swing! I hope this is a good sign of things to come because he really struggled with the pitching machine last year. I did get a picture of him and I together after the game. I am serving as team mom for his team again this year. It's a lot of work but I do enjoy it.
























Jadyn's game was later that afternoon. She was put at first base at the very start of the game and when she realized that meant all the balls fielded would be coming to her, she ran off the field in tears. Daddy and I gave her a little pep talk and got her back out on the field, although not playing first base and she did great the rest of the game. I do think once she gets more used to it, she will enjoy t-ball as much as she does soccer. The real test will come when she starts having to make tough choices between continuing dance or organized sports.

Reciting the Little League pledge:
























And running her little heart out after a good hit:

















I am just going to apologize now for all the posts and pictures about baseball that are sure to grace my blog over the next several months. That is of course assuming I am diligent enough to keep up with my blog, which I am really going to make an effort to do, although I do believe I ended my last blog post with a similar proclamation.

1 comment:

Cacey said...

Love the baseball uniforms! Elijah will be starting in April and I'm SO excited!