Friday, August 21, 2009

Mommy Nerves

Okay, so I had this whole Funny Nose Friday planned with all things cute that the kids have been saying but this has been boiling up inside of me and I just have to get this off my chest. I am going to allow myself to be neurotic once again. I am freaking out here people!

I just cannot seem to grasp that Jake starts Kindergarten on Monday. I have been talking about it for ages now and I knew the day was coming. I have tried to be prepared and I know Jake is fully ready and mostly excited to be going. I keep thinking that his meet-n-greet later this afternoon is somehow going to calm my nerves, meeting his teacher, seeing his classroom, interacting with other parents, getting all my questions answered but I seriously doubt it. I am so worried. Worried that I am going to miss him like crazy now that he will be in school for 25 hours a week. I know sooner or later every mom goes through this, unless of course they home-school, which I did consider and have immense respect for. Unfortunately, Jake doesn't concentrate or learn as well from me. But that is beside the point. The point is that every mother goes through this so I know I am not alone but I just can't help but feel silly for how worked up I am over this. I am really nervous.

And by the way, although this bothers me much more than Jake, I just wanted to warn you before you see the pictures for yourself on his first day of school. We took him the barber so he would have a clean haircut for the first day of school (his regular hairdresser was out of town) and due to a miscommunication (to put it politely, it was really an error on her part I am quite sure) Jake now has a shaved head. Well that might be a little dramatic - it is more like a closely shaved buzz cut but he definitely doesn't have much hair on top. Thankfully his hair grow quickly.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aww! I have been reading so many blog posts lately about the Kindergarden nerves. I am sure he will do fine, and so will you! Update us on his first day. And be glad he is a boy as his hair will grow back FAST!

Joanna said...

I can't wait to hear how he does, and how you do with his first day of school. I also can't wait to see his hair.