Monday, May 25, 2009

Magoomba Monday #8

1) As the spouse of a veteran and someone who has lived in military communities for the last 10+ years, I would like to take pause to remember and give thanks to those who gave their lives for our country. I know what a sacrifice it is for those who serve our country and their families and I am thankful for them everyday and on this Memorial Day, I especially want to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice. You will never be forgotten.

2) Switching gears, you know how some people get baby fever? Well not me. Don't get me wrong. I have been aching to add to our family, just not in the form of another baby. Or at least not a human baby. I have pet fever BAD. I love our dogs. I love how much they enrich our lives. So much so that I have desperately been trying to convince Joe that we should get either another puppy (which I realize is highly impractical) or a couple of kittens. Joe likes to torture me by having us go down the hill to the pet store on a Saturday, like we did this last weekend when he knows they will be having adoptions events. He says he likes to pet and play with the puppies and kittens that are looking for a home and I don't doubt him. But all I want to do is bring them all home. We may have come home empty handed this last weekend but just you wait. One of these days................... In related news, I may not get baby fever but I have been mourning the end of toddlerhood in the Funny Nose house, a milestone that will be reached this Sunday when Jadyn turns 3. More on this to come.

3) Friday was a day of lasts. It was the last day Jake attended preschool in his regular schoolhouse and it was the last Friday Jadyn and I will be attending storytime at the library before they switch gears for the summer reading program. I think this has definitely added to my nostalgic mood. I took a few pictures of Jadyn at the library during show and tell and craft.




4) We made another day trip to the river Sunday. With it being Memorial weekend there was a stark contrast in the number of boats and water toys racing up and down the river so finding a good spot to park and hang out was a tall order. We went to our favorite sandbar before it was invaded by a multitude of boats, our favorite cove, which was crowded as well and finally drove for awhile down river until we could get some peace from all the traffic on the water. It was still a very nice relaxing day on the water. Despite how it looks, Jake really does like being on the boat, as long as he plugs his ears because he is not big on loud noises.





Hope everyone has a nice short week. Ours will be eventful and busy to say the least!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

A kitty would be a nice addition to the house...