Monday, May 4, 2009

Magoomba Monday #6

1) Jake had his 5 year well-child visit at the doctor's on Wednesday. He is 40 1/2 inches tall and weighs 39 pounds. Everything went well except that he seems to be having some trouble seeing out of his left eye so I will be taking him the optometrist for a general eye evaluation as well as consulting with a surgeon about the need for him to have his umbilical hernia repaired (he has had it since birth, as has Jadyn). Meanwhile, he was completely up to date on his shots, which made for a nice visit. We will be going to his elementary school this week to get him registered for Kindergarten in the Fall. I absolutely cannot believe that I have a 5 year old who will be going to school next year.

2) We have a birds nest in the underside of the roof at the back of the house and the Mama bird just became the proud parent of at least three little babies. They sure do make a lot of noise but are very good at staying pretty well hidden from sight. However, if I have our master bathroom window open and look out the window indirectly through the mirror, I can see all three babies awaiting for Mama bird to return and feed them. The second I try to approach the window to get a closer look, they dart further back into the nest out of sight. Joe was able to get a couple good pictures of the braver baby bird though. The kids are absolutely loving our bird family.




3) Ever since Jadyn gave her pacifiers up, her and Jake have been falling asleep together on Jake's bed. Most nights they go to bed without a fight but occasionally, Jadyn in particular likes to try her luck at stall tactics and most of you are familiar with the standards: I need to go potty, I need socks on my feet and I'm thirsty. However, Jadyn has invented a new one. She will kick her blanket off and then when she can't get it properly adjusted back around her she calls out, "My blanket is not working" and whines until we come tuck her back in. Cute but frustrating all the same.

4) I plan to devote a blog post about this but just in case I get busy, Jake read his first book this weekend. He was so excited and we are definitely proud of his accomplishment.

5) We took our first trip of the season to the river on Sunday. Again, I plan to devote an entire blog post to this but just in case, here is my favorite picture from our trip. My two little river rats chillin on a sandbar:


Hope your week is off to a great and productive start!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Wow, this post is just full of goodness. I love the baby birds, I love that Jake read a book, and that your two little ones are sleeping together. So sweet!