Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Magoomba Monday #7 (a day late)

1) Despite the fact that I am a day late posting my Monday roundup of random happenings, things were actually quiet this last weekend. For the first time in as long as I could remember we had no birthday parties, baby showers or other commitments to attend other than Jake's t-ball game on Saturday. I recall a post in December when things were kind of quiet as well, but I was anticipating that to change rapidly as we had a lot of holiday activities scheduled one right after another. I believe I called it the calm before the storm. Well this is definitely the calm before the storm because although we again have nothing big planned for Memorial Day weekend (and that even includes t-ball), the week following the long weekend is going to be CRAZY with Jake's preschool graduation (sniff, sniff), his last t-ball game and end of the season party and Jadyn's 3rd birthday. So right now I am trying to stay on top of things and brace myself.

2) This last week we hit triple digit temperatures and then had some scattered thunderstorms. I had to do a double take. This is the weather we usually see in August not May!

3) The kids and I did a little project where we replicated the greenhouse effect to start a small vegetable garden. We had a lot of fun transplanting our budding tomato, green bean and sweet pepper plants but I have to admit that with my black thumb, I did not have very high hopes. Well those hopes were quickly dashed when before the poor spouts even had a chance, some brave bunnies squeezed through our fence and ate them. On a positive note, it is nice to see the cute little guys hopping around even if I am still a little cross with them.

4) My Twilight obsession had waned quite a bit with nothing new really going on in Stephanie Meyer's universe. That was until they unveiled the new poster artwork for the movie sequel that is currently being filmed. I absolutely LOVE it. For someone who has never wavered in her conviction of being neutral (aka Switzerland), it is like a dream come true. Oh, and the rumor is they will be showing a clip from New Moon at the MTV Movie Awards on May 31st, which happens to be Jadyn's birthday. Esmilse is coming out of hibernation and once again squealing like a fangirl. Whoo Hoo!

5) This week I have three posts already planned showing you some cute pics of Jake playing t-ball, a photo shoot I did with Jadyn in anticipation of her birthday and some of thoughts on this season's TV now that finales are winding down. Speaking of which, this week will conclude the seasons of both American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. While I am lukewarm about who wins on DWTS (not because I don't like anyone but because I like them all), I am super excited about American Idol. While I think that Adam Lambert is extremely talented and cannot wait to see what he comes up with from week to week, I have been rooting for Kris Allen since very early on in the season and I am eagerly anticipating their showdown. I am also eager to have all these shows ending because I can only imagine how productive my evenings will become when there is nothing good to watch on TV. LOL! And true to my word, I am NOT watching the new season of the Bachelorette. I am done, done and done with that show.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

2 comments:

London said...

Yay Esmilse! Emmettalie has been in hiding as well. There's a celeb gossip website called "Oh no they didn't" (You can google it!) And they frequently post set pictures if you need your fix.

You're blog looks cute too!

Joanna said...

Due, we had FROST this morning. FROST!!!!

Posting the poster was just cruel. Poor husbands, lucky us!