Sunday, November 3, 2013

Live Oak Canyon Pumpkin Patch 2013

(I'm just going to pretend I am not 3 or so weeks behind with blogging)

Several weeks ago we headed out to the pumpkin patch as a family. This is such a fun fall tradition for us and this year was no exception.

I love looking at all the varieties of pumpkins and the bounty of a fall harvest:

IMG_5667-001

We found this carved pumpkin hilarious and Jadyn couldn't pass up the chance to pose with it. She is such a ham:

IMG_5634-001

But of course as with years past, the highlight of our trip was going through the very elaborate corn maze. I made Joe go with us this year for navigation help.

IMG_5645-001

The kids ran and ran and ran looking for the "cheese" (don't ask). Giggles were plentiful:

IMG_5662-001

What they were really looking for were these stations, which gave a code that created a password to the next part of the maze (I told you it was elaborate):

IMG_3311-001

In the end, the only thing Joe helped the kids do was cheat by finding 3 out of the 4 numbers and then guessing the last one until the door unlocked. No matter however, we had a blast and made it out with our hard earned bracelets declaring that we conquered the maze.

IMG_5718-001

Other highlights of the pumpkin patch including Jadyn's pony ride......

IMG_5670-001

And Jake's favorite game, launching cannons at the pirates.........

IMG_3318-001

If the games and rides and bounce houses are the kids favorite part of going to the pumpkin patch, one of my favorites is also their least; the photo ops!

While Joe and I always take enough shots to get a good one:

IMG_5688-001

The majority of the picture taking looks more like this......

IMG_5704-001

But that's okay. While I like getting that perfectly posed picture, I also like it when the photos capture the fun. And I think this year especially that is exactly what it was - fun.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love the variety of pumpkins at your patch, our only had orange and white pumpkins in various sizes. Love all the family photos as usual!