Monday, August 5, 2013

Our Happy Place

The river is definitely our family's happy place. So far this summer we have made three day trips to Lost Lake where we spend 90% of our time at a little place called Shell Beach. It is our new little slice of heaven.

IMG_4288-001

IMG_4206-001

When we arrived this past Sunday, the water was super, super low. While trying to get back into the cove area, we played in the current and Jake practiced skipping rocks:

IMG_4194-001

We recently got the kids boogie boards for two upcoming beach trips. It turns out, they were just as entertaining and fun at the river:

IMG_4228-001

IMG_4235-001

IMG_4270-001

I couldn't decide which picture I liked best, the one where Jadyn and I are all smiles or the one where we are being silly. The river is someplace I feel like I can truly relax and let loose:

IMG_4280-001

IMG_4284-001

One thing I will always remember about this particular trip is watching the kids at the end of the day all work together to make this little beach oasis for a toy boat and the pride they had in their creation. This is what being a kid is all about:

IMG_4315-001

But we can't forget the dogs! Another reason I love, love, love the river? Kuma gets to come along too!:

IMG_4309-001

IMG_4294-001

IMG_4177-001

Another highlight of this trip was leaving the kids with the Miller family at Shell Beach and going for a drive in the boat just Joe and I. The river was so empty, I drove the boat the whole time and I actually got comfortable enough to relax and enjoy it.

Yes, going to the river is definitely our family's happy place.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Looks like a perfect trip! Good to see you back posting here!