Thursday, May 30, 2013

From Wolf to Bear

Jake had his last regular den meeting for Cub Scouts this week. Along with his fellow scouts, Jake roasted hot dogs and S'mores over a fire pit and moved on to the next rank.

Jake has had a very full schedule this year - soccer, BMX, baseball, not to mention excelling in school, adjusting to daily homework and participating in the AR reading program. The one activity he always looked forward to every week was Cub Scouts. He has learned SO much.

In addition to completing all the requirements to move on from a Wolf to a Bear, Jake also earned extra achievements known as belt loops. The belt loops he earned this year were for basketball and archery (both earned at day camp), soccer, baseball, swimming, bicycling, hiking, bowling and my personal favorite, video games (yes, you can earn a belt loop in video games, LOL!).


I was a little more prepared this time when I got called up to receive a special pin from Jake:

IMG_3878-002

And here he is with his pack. Such a great group of boys:

 IMG_3879-001

 I have been friends with Jake's den leader Heather for several years as our kids attended preschool together. However, this year I have gotten to see exactly how much heart and soul she puts into various volunteer commitments such as scouts. I am in awe of her ability to multi-task and I just can't thank her enough for all the hard work she has put in to making this experience so beneficial and enjoyable for Jake. I can't wait to see what fun things he will be doing this summer and going into next year.

2 comments:

Cacey said...

Yay Jake! And wow, you are going to be one busy mama. PS Love your outfit!

Carrie said...

I love your outfit, too! I need to do a post on this still... so much to blog about lately! It looks like he got a bag of gummy bears!