Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Baby, it's cold outside!

And I mean really, really cold - at least for this little corner of the universe.

Last week the kids went back to school after the winter break and Joe resumed a more "up tempo" at work. We settled into a new routine, which leaves us with A LOT more time on school nights. While I love that we have time to enjoy real sit down family dinners and are not rushing through homework to get to soccer practice or the BMX track I have to admit, it felt strange.

However, if there is one thing that will probably always stick out to me about the last few weeks, it is the weather. As a native of Southern California, daytime temps in the 50's are cold to me. So when our daytime high is barely hitting 40 and we are waking up to 18 degrees that feels like 6 degrees with the wind chill, it's a little hard to handle.

And that is probably why I think it is so stinkin cute to see the kids all bundled up with coats and hats and gloves ready for school, because it isn't something we do ALL winter long.

photo (55)

But no matter how cute the kids look all bundled up, personally I am ready for it to WARM up.

No comments: