Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sleepwalker

Over the last several months I have been so busy that I feel I hardly have time to blog about what we are doing. But what I really miss is taking the time to jot down the little things the kids say or do that I know I will appreciate reading back on when they are older. I really don't know how well the following little tidbit is going to translate into words but it was so cute and funny that I just have to try.

So as I mentioned in my last post, I have been trying to get the kids to sleep in their own beds. Once Jadyn is asleep in her bed, she tends to stay there quite awhile, sometimes even making it all night. I have used this to fuel Jake's competitive side and try and get him to stay in his bed all night. So far, it has yet to happen despite Jake being fairly motivated.

This morning I came to greet him as he woke up in as we like to call it "Mama and Dadda's bed". He looked up at me with confusion and frustration, "Mom, why do you keep moving me into your bed? I want to sleep in my own bed all night!".

I smiled, "I am not moving you Jake."

"But Mom", he replied. " I close my eyes like this in my bed and when I open them like this, I am in your bed". As he demonstrates the closing and opening of his eyes, he is so serious and so confused, I do everything not to burst out laughing as I explain to him that he may not remember it, but he is indeed coming into our bed on his own.

This might take longer than I thought.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I can't help but picture you sneaking into his room at night stifling a giggle as you carry his limp body back to your bed. "This will really confuse him!"

You know that's what he's thinking. So cute.