Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Day in Palm Springs

With my 35th (gulp) birthday approaching and the variety of health-related issues I have been having, my doctor decided it wouldn't be a bad idea for me to get my first mammogram. I have to admit, even if it was routine, I was a little nervous how uncomfortable it would be and that they would possibly find something, so I dragged Joe and the kids down to Palm Springs with me. However, there was no need for them to sit in a dreary waiting room while I had the test done, so Joe found a beautiful park right across the street and entertained them there while I was at my appointment. It was definitely the right decision as I was there for nearly 2 hours.

I am happy to report that everything came back fine and it was not nearly as scary or uncomfortable as I thought it would be. Moreover, the kids had a blast at the park and enjoyed temps nearing 80 degrees if you can believe it. Here are a few pics:

Jake on the bridge of the playground:

I love this one. Not just because Jadyn is smiling naturally but because of the beautiful desert landscape surrounding her. This was the Wellness Park across from the hospital. It even had a meditation center. It was so peaceful:


I realize they should have been wearing helmets, ESPECIALLY if Jake was going to be doing tricks like this. Unfortunately, we brought the bikes but forgot the helmets at home:


Jadyn has really taken to riding her tricycle. She may be getting a bike with training wheels for her third birthday:


And so that was our day. Leave it to us Funny Noses to make an event out of an appointment for a mammogram!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Jenn- so glad things went well for you and the mammogram, and that the kids found a fun place to play during the appointment!

Joanna said...

I'm glad that everything went well with the "getting squished" as I call it.

Jennifer Larson said...

I'm glad you got a clean bill of health. What a relief!