Thursday, May 13, 2010

With End in Sight

Despite having every excuse for not blogging, the reality is that even when I have had some spare moments over the last few weeks, for some reason I have just not felt like it. This is truly the first blogging funk I have had since starting this blog over 2 years ago. Now with an end to all this chaos finally in sight, I suddenly feel the urge to write, and what a good feeling that is!

We are closing escrow on the house TODAY! I know how fortunate we are. We had a very smooth, simple and short escrow but it still feels like forever since we first had our offer accepted and found out we would be moving. Speaking of which, the big move will take place next weekend. I am really excited to get into the new place.

Joe has been in Okinawa Japan for the last week and half. He is over there training Marines. For those who don't know, Joe and I lived in Okinawa for a year when we were first married and had the time of our lives. I have to admit to being a little jealous that he is over there taking a trip down memory lane while I am here packing up the house, which carries with it a different kind of nostalgia. It is odd to see the house no longer look like our home - pictures off the wall, knick-knacks off the shelves. We moved in here when Jake was only 4 months old so its the only home the kids have ever really known and we have been happy here. Of course, I have no doubt we will be happy in our new home as well.

So anyway, did I mention Joe gets home Saturday? I can't wait. The kids can't wait. We have gotten fairly used to him taking business trips Monday-Friday but when he is gone over the weekend and through a second week, it starts to get a little rough. Always a flair for drama, Jadyn has taken to saying, "I miss Daddy! I love him! He is so cute and cuddly!". It really makes me think of the huge sacrifice our military families make, having Daddy (or something Mommy) deploy for 6-12 months at a time. It also makes me think that I may not have been cut out for it should Joe have decided to stay in the military. Then again, I just closed escrow on a house and packed up to move with him gone, so I am feeling pretty confident in my abilities right now and so glad to see that the end is in sight.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

WOw, that was quick! I can't wait to see pictures of the new place. I hope that kids handle the move well.

Mel said...

I hope the move goes very smoothly for you! Moving sucks, but it is so worth it the moment you feel settled in:)

Steph said...

So glad your move has gone so smoothly! Awesome job handling it on your own too with Joe out of the country. My mom had to do that a lot when my dad was in the military when my sister and I were little.